Thank you for purchasing the Smart Wireless EKG / ECG Sensor. We pride ourselves on producing high quality products that meet with the demands of the busy classroom environment. If you have any problems using this sensor, please read this documentation in full before contacting the Data Harvest support team.
The Smart Wireless EKG / ECG Sensor is USB and Bluetooth compatible. Using Bluetooth, a sensor can connect to mobile devices, tablets, laptops and desktops.
The Smart wireless EKG / ECG (electrocardiogram) Sensor monitors the electrical energy produced during a heartbeat. The change in electrical energy is detected by two leads and referenced to a ground signal. The changes in energy are displayed as a waveform.
The ECG Sensor is supplied with a pack of 100 ECG electrode patches for making attachment to the test subject’s skin. Additional packs of these electrodes are available from your supplier - Product No. 3286.
- This product is designed for demonstration of the ECG waveform. It is not designed or intended for medical diagnosis. Any information derived from the signal produced should be regarded as having no medical significance.
- If using a USB link to your device check that:
- The test subject is not able to touch the PC or any source of power connected to the equipment.
- The PC is electrically safe e.g. conforms to the IEC standard 60950.
- The average heart cycle is typically 0.7 to 0.8 seconds; you will need to use setup to change from the default inter-sample period to a shorter period.
- The best results are obtained from an ECG sensor if the bluetooth connection to your device is used.